Monday, June 4, 2012

Day Six - travel home!


            In school, I’ve always been a math/numbers guy (so I decided to become a journalist- makes sense right?). As I sit here on the plane, flying from Baltimore to Little Rock, everything I did this past week is coming to me as a bunch of numbers. Here’s a few…

-4 full days on the trip

-5 total nights on the trip. Two nights in Niagara Falls, Canada, two in Herkimer, NY (about 40 minutes north of Cooperstown, NY), and one in Buffalo, NY (by the airport).

-2 countries visited (Canada and the U.S.)

-3 main destinations (Niagara Falls, Canada, Toronto, Canada, and Cooperstown, NY)

-3 airports used (Buffalo, NY, Baltimore, MD, and Little Rock, AR)

-5 stadiums/arenas seen and/or visited. I saw from a distance where the Toronto Maple Leafs play, I was really close to where the Toronto Blue Jays play, I watched a game at Doubleday Field in Cooperstown, I visited Dreams Park in Cooperstown, and I took pictures of Falcon Park in Auburn, NY (a minor league park)

-2 Hall of Fames visited. I toured the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto and the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

-55 different colleges represented by people I saw wearing t-shirts, jackets, hats, etc. The Big Ten was the conference I saw the most (nine different schools), with the SEC second (eight different schools- not including Missouri and Texas A&M, which would make it ten and the most). I also saw schools from the ACC (seven), Big XII (six- includes Missouri and Texas A&M), Big East (six), Pac-12 (five), and 14 others from smaller conferences.

            Those numbers alone give you an idea of how much stuff we did on this trip. I was up well past midnight every night and am finally feeling the effects of it. I usually never sleep on flights, but I slept about half of the flight from Buffalo to Baltimore, and I slept clear through take off and the first 45 minutes of this flight. Although, I am definitely no complaining!
            I made memories on this trip with my parents and Granna that will last me a lifetime. I can’t wait until my next trip and I hope that everyone else has the opportunity to see the awesome sight of Niagara Falls and to visit the National Baseball Hall of Fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment