Monday, June 27, 2016

Personal news: Transitioning jobs

As I'm sure most of you have heard by now, WholeHogSports.com and HawgsIllustrated.com are merging. This creates what I truly believe will be the best coverage of the Arkansas Razorbacks anywhere on the planet.

However, I am not going to be a part of this new "WholeHogSports powered by Hawgs Illustrated." Last week, I transitioned over to the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette sports staff.

While I am bummed to not be covering the Razorbacks any more, I am very excited about this opportunity. It will allow me to hone my journalistic skills by working in a more traditional newsroom environment. I believe this will help me become even better at my craft because I'll be working on deadlines and with an editor, Chip Souza, who I am looking forward to working with and learning from.

My main "beat" will be covering Shiloh Christian, although I expect to help out with high school coverage across the board and come up with cool online content like I have while covering the Razorbacks. (If you have any good potential stories/ideas, shoot them my way!)

I just wanted to give you, my readers and followers, a heads up on the move so you won't be confused when I start tweeting Shiloh volleyball scores and stuff like that this fall. I know that will probably cause a lot of you to unfollow, but I encourage you to stick with me and read the stories about local sports. It isn't the Razorbacks, but there are some incredible stories outside the University of Arkansas that are worth reading.

(Of course, I'll still probably tweet about the Hogs from time to time, especially when I find a crazy stat that I have become known for.)

One person I encourage all of you to follow, if you aren't already, is Jimmy Carter (@NWAJimmy on Twitter). He is one of my best friends and will be kind of filling my role over at WholeHog. He is very, very talented and y'all will enjoy having him on the Arkansas beat.

Again, thank you all for following me and reading my stuff the last couple of years. I hope you continue to do so for many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment